The ACP has adopted the following strategies in pursuit of its vision:
- Establish a National Executive Committee to manage the Australian Cyclists Party, create a constitution and manage funding. Status: Completed; 10 of 11 Committee Members chosen (Dec, 2015).
- Establish an Advisory Group to act as a resource to help the National Executive Committee as required. Status: Completed
- Grow Membership to meet minimum registration requirements in each State and Territory, and continue to grow in stature and influence. Prioritise efforts for to States and Territories with upcoming elections or registration deadlines. Status: NSW registration completed; Vic registration completed; Federal verification completed; other states and territories are at various stages.
- Register as a political party in each contestable State and at the National level as we reached the required membership numbers. Status: NSW registration done Vic registration done.
- Appoint state officers to connect with their local community. They will be coordinated through the National Executive Committee. Status: State Officers appointed for NSW and Vic.
- The National Executive Committee will approve candidates for pre-selection to ensure the quality of candidates and consistency of direction. Status: Ongoing and open
- The National Executive Committee will prepare to contest for national Senate elections as they arise. Status: Ongoing